Search by topic:
With the impact of the Covid-19, telecommuting and distance learning have become the new trend. Barbara et al. (2020) give five ideas on how to manage remote employees effectively.
1) Establish daily check-ins: not only for employees to regularly report but also to allow them to tell managers about the problems they encounter.
2) Provide various technologies for communication: email is often not enough, and video conferencing can allow for more interaction and help employees feel less isolated.
3) Set "rule of engagement"- expectations for frequency, means and timing of communications
4) Provide opportunities for remote social interaction.
5) Offer encouragement and emotional support.
Read more: https://sangroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/aguidetomanagingyournewlyremoteworkers.pdf