The key to keeping ahead in business and ready for future disruptions is to be open to new ideas, says David Gonski AC, Chancellor of UNSW Sydney.
"As business leaders around the world continue to adjust to the unprecedented disruption brought about by the global COVID-19 pandemic, embracing new ideas and planning for bad times is more important than ever.”
His future-proofing insights are offered under these headings:
1. Run your business with a long-term view
2. Improve the future of business with R&D
3. Consider how much capital you need
4. Your choice of staff is vital – as is caretaking corporate memory
5. Seek diversity within business